To sort StackOverflow questions by views, click this link (or type in the link below).
And to get StackOverflow questions by votes, simply click this link (or type in the link below).
Can a Blog Post Easily OutRank StackOverflow in the SERP?
Is targeting high-volume StackOverflow questions a good strategy for a technical blogger? There are definitely some pros and cons. Let’s start with the pros.
- You have a good idea of how much traffic you’ll get if you win the query.
- You have a good chance of outranking StackOverflow simply by having a better theme than they do for displaying code and getting to the point.
- You can easily skip all questions unrelated to your niche or that don’t have any apparent commercial intent.
That said, there are some serious cons to this approach as well.
- These posts will be challenging to write without technical knowledge.
- Needing technical knowledge means you can’t hire cheap writers to write these.
- You’ll need an amazing theme for displaying code to compete.
- Most questions don’t have an obvious way to monetize beyond ads.
I think this is an easy way to start a blog if you’re a blogger with technical knowledge. Simply write a post a day in addition to your day job. It will quickly add up!